Demanding Justice Report
Explore a jarring set of facts and infographics that delves into the numbers behind sex crimes and the buyers who perpetrate them.
Demanding Justice Benchmark Assessment
This report documents criminal actions brought against buyers of sex acts with children and outcomes of federal and state arrests, charges, and prosecutions of these buyers from 2008 to 2013.
Demanding Justice Fact Sheet
Explore a jarring set of facts and infographics that delves into the numbers behind sex crimes and the buyers who perpetrate it.
Demanding Justice on Vimeo
The stats and stories presented in video format — they will shock, they will educate, they will lead to the justice they demand.
2013 Protected Innocence Challenge
The Protected Innocence Challenge is a comprehensive study of existing state laws designed to inspire and equip advocates.
Shared Hope Criminal Liability For Sex Acts With Minors
Our straightforward survey, presented in an easy-to-read table format, with state-by-state assessments of outcomes of criminal proceedings against buyers of sex acts with minors.
Shared Hope International
Shared Hope International strives to prevent the conditions that foster sex trafficking, restore victims of sex slavery, and bring justice to vulnerable women and children.
Protected Innocence Challenge Section 2 Issue Briefs
The following comprehensive set of briefs accompany the Protected Innocence Challenge State Report Cards to provide policymakers with explanations and sample legislation to strengthen anti-demand laws.
- 2.1 The state sex trafficking law can be applied to buyer s of commercial sex acts with a victim of domestic minor sex trafficking.
- 2.2 Buyers of commercial sex acts with a minor can be prosecuted under CSEC laws.
- 2.3 Solicitation of prostitution laws differentiate between buying sex acts with an adult and buying sex acts with a minor under 18.
- 2.4 Penalties for buyers of commercial sex acts with minors are as high as federal penalties.
- 2.5 Using the Internet to lure, entice, or purchase, or att empt to lure, entice, or purchase commercial sex acts with a minor is a separate crime or results in an enhanced penalty for buyers.
- 2.6 No age mistake defense is permitted for a buyer of comme rcial sex acts with any minor under 18.
- 2.7 Base penalties for buying sex acts with a minor are sufficiently high for all minors under 18 and not reduced for older minors.
- 2.8 Financial penalties for buyers of commercial sex acts with minors are sufficiently high to make it difficult for buyers to hide the crime.
- 2.9 Buying and possessing child pornography carries penalties as high as similar federal offenses.
- 2.10 Convicted buyers of commercial sex acts with minors and chil d pornography are required to register as sex offenders.